July 7, 2020
Residents, Families and Partners,
Many of you are probably aware of a recent surge in positive COVID-19 cases in the state of Arizona. We wanted to provide you an update for Amarsi Assisted Living.
We have learned that two employees have tested positive for the virus. However, one individual has not been in the facility since June 17th and the other since June 18th, 2020. Our employees have been diligent about wearing their masks, especially when working with our residents, and these employees are no exception.
We have had one resident that tested positive yesterday for the virus after being sent out for care due to showing a sign or symptom of the virus. The resident is currently receiving care outside of our facility. We have a second resident that has also been tested due to showing signs and symptoms, and we are still waiting on results. This individual is currently on isolation in our community.
We are in close contact with the state health department concerning these individuals and are following their guidance. If the residents are able to return to the community, they will be placed in isolation from other residents with heighted infection control procedures.
We continue to practice the measures that were put in place to mitigate or prevent the spread of the virus. These include, but are not limited to:
- Continuing to follow recommended infection control guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the local health department;
- Visitation remains restricted to essential external healthcare providers or compassionate end-of-life visitation;
- All staff and essential visitors are assessed and screened upon entry into the building;
- Staff wear masks, gloves and practice frequent hand-washing/sanitization between resident cares when working in the building and encourage residents to do the same;
- More frequent cleaning of high touch areas;
- Communal dining will not resume and meals will continue to be delivered to residents;
- External community activities and internal group activities have not resumed; and
- Any new residents or residents leaving the Amarsi campus for treatment at an external healthcare provider for any reason will be required to be quarantined upon his/her arrival or return.
As always, we will notify residents’ primary physicians and designated family members of any changes in their loved one’s condition, whether potentially related to COVID-19 or not.
Please reach out with questions, concerns, or requests for assistance. We will continue to keep you updated as additional information becomes available.